Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Should I Watch: Myriad Colors Phantom World? (Should I Watch)

Greetings everyone,

     This is the first ever 'Should I Watch' post of many to come, today's anime is Myriad Colors Phantom World. I have just finished the first episode and I would like to give you are general summary of what the anime is like and my guess of what direction it will take. There are no spoilers in the post and I would like to ask anyone who comments not to put any spoilers in their comment, thanks for listening :)

Source: https://dafunda.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Myriad-Color-Phantom-World-696x393.jpg


     Myriad Colors Phantom World is based in the near future where people now have the ability to see 'spirits' called Phantoms, the protagonist is a male high school student who is part of a school club that hunts these Phantoms (they also get paid)... ... ... I am going to cut to the chase, you don't want to read yet another boring anime review that talks about the plot and the storyline. Instead I am going to tell you firsthand what the anime is really like, not the plot or storyline.

Speaking of 'plot' the main heroine has a very large "plot" and has a very interesting habit of showing off her "plot" in a very modest way, whenever she uses her powers she 'accidently' shows off her "plot". Unlike other anime she doesn't have much of a reaction afterwards, she simply doesn't care. I have never seen that before, she doesn't tease anyone, nor does she get mad at anyone who watches. There is complete indifference in her reaction, it is very hard to explain... you will have to watch it to understand. Speaking of characters the protagonist is your average anime hero who is shy and lacks ambition (also reads a ton of books), apparently he isn't very athletic but I can't help but notice that he is extremely quick to react whenever a girl trips down the stairs. Over the course of the season he will end up gathering quiet a large harem, and turn into the powerful hero who protects everyone.

The anime's storyline will end up being your average harem anime storyline, but unlike other harem anime it makes fun of the usual clichés. Every anime cliché that you know will probably be made fun of at some point in time, it is actually quiet refreshing.

If you are looking for a unique storyline or an anime that has deep topics than this isn't the anime for you. It is easygoing and light-hearted, it isn't the kind of anime that you would binge watch, its the kind that you watch when you are feeling a little down and need a bit of a boost. Overall I recommend Myriad Colors Phantom World to those who are familiar with the harem anime stereotypes and want something to watch on the side, don't except anything great from the anime, unless you are talking about the jiggle physics.

I hope you enjoyed the first "Should I Watch" of many, if you have any question please feel free to ask. I am sorry if the review was of poor quality, this is my first one and I will only get better as time passes, don't be afraid to give me some advice on how I can improve.

I hope you have a great day/night!
                 avirgintheory

No comments:

Post a Comment