Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Should I Watch: Ajin?

   Welcome to yet another Should I Watch post, I have a feeling that I am quiet terrible at this, but it doesn't matter since you will probably read this anyways. This week I am going to be talking about the anime Ajin, the TV show, not the movie. I would also like to note that there are no spoilers.

Source: http://ajin.net/common/img/ogp2.jpg

   The first thing I should note is that the first five episodes of the TV series is actual the first movie split up into 5 parts, if you have already watched the movie and are curious about the show you will have to wait until episode 6 before you get any new content. Talk about being cheap, the first 5 episodes of the show is literally the movie, plus a theme song. If you are curious about the show and have not seen the first movie you have come to the right place. I shall indulge you with my opinion of the show (based off of what I have seen).

   The story is about a seventeen year old student named Kei Nagai who lives in a world were these mystical beings called Ajin roam the earth, they also look exactly like humans and if they are captured by the government they are treated inhumanly and sadistically experimented on. The only difference between a regular human and an Ajin is that Ajins are immortal and have a few extra powers on the side. I am sure you can guess who is an Ajin, if you guessed Kei Nagai you are correct.

I have to say that Kei is the most unpredictable character I have ever come across, he doesn't care for others but yet he feels the need to live by the rules and morals setup by society. He thinks logically and unaffected by emotion, but for some reason he feels the need to live by societies rules, it honestly doesn't make sense for someone of his personality. You can't judge him through 'good or evil', nor is he the reluctant hero, Kei's character is something completely unique from what you have seen before.

I have mixed opinions about the animation style used for the anime, it is the same style of animation that they used in Knights of Sidonia, except Ajin isn't a mech anime. The characters look pale, and their limbs sometimes seem way to skinny, it is harder to see emotion in the characters themselves. On the up side the action scenes are amazing, the animation is free flowing that brings fight scenes to a whole other level. The particles are amazing, camera angles, the movements, the animation style is perfect for action scenes. Sadly the animation the show isn't all fight scenes, there is also a lot of dialogue and plot, real story plot.

If I had to decide whether I should watch it or something else, I would watch it. It brings forward a new kind of personality that you never see, the action scenes are great, and the storyline isn't going to be "average" or "generic". I strongly recommend that you watch Ajin at some point in time, it isn't going to be the best anime you have/will ever see, but you won't be disappointed if you watch it.

I hope that you enjoyed this week's Should I Watch and I will more than likely write another one for next week, I plan on posting at least once a week :p

I hope you have a wonderful day/night,
     avirgintheory

No comments:

Post a Comment